a) Create a safe environment where people can express themselves. Empower engineers as the main driving force of the project.
- Define expectations and roles. Management is a role and not a power position. Respect.
- Management manages processes, not people. Create the true sense of interdependence.
- Involve everyone in decisions that affects them and the project. Let the team define its goals and objectives.
|ACB Bucharest core team in Kyiv to help move ACR there|
b) Make sure that commitments are respected. No matter how small they are. Agile planning is a great tool for this.
- Plan in iterations. Adapt. Communicate. Make sure that, in the end, no debt is left for the following iteration.
- Honest failure is OK and safety is restored through re-planning.
- Visibility and clarity on common goals.
- Celebrate successes.
- Management is fully involved in respecting the commitments it makes.
c) Build a learning environment. Learning is rewarding and involving. It increases cohesion, communication, commitment, involvement.
- Encourage learning. Learn from everything.
- Promote initiative.
- Safe, enjoyable environment. Management is part of the team. Always. Common goals.
- Increase knowledge sharing, encourage diversity of thought and know-how.
- Increase productivity through new, innovative ways of doing things. Challenge the way things are done. Agree with the team on common variables to measure improvement. Celebrate improvement.
- Discourage repetitiveness. Encourage lateral thought.
Always respect a) if in b), a) and b) if in c).