Steve Jobs Quotes
- A lot of companies have chosen to downsize, and maybe that was the right thing for them. We chose a different path. Our belief was that if we kept putting great products in front of customers, they would continue to open their wallets.
- Apple's market share is bigger than BMW's or Mercedes's or Porsche's in the automotive market. What's wrong with being BMW or Mercedes?
|Steve Jobs: 1955-2011|
- Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
- Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.
- I think we're having fun. I think our customers really like our products. And we're always trying to do better.
- I want to put a ding in the universe.
- Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.
- It is piracy, not overt online music stores, which is our main competitor.
- It took us three years to build the NeXT computer. If we'd given customers what they said they wanted, we'd have built a computer they'd have been happy with a year after we spoke to them - not something they'd want now.
- Pretty much, Apple and Dell are the only ones in this industry making money. They make it by being Wal-Mart. We make it by innovation.
- Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.
- The people who are doing the work are the moving force behind the Macintosh. My job is to create a space for them, to clear out the rest of the organization and keep it at bay.
- To turn really interesting ideas and fledgling technologies into a company that can continue to innovate for years, it requires a lot of disciplines.
- Why join the navy if you can be a pirate?
- You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.
Post a Comment